Listen to English-language radio or television right on your computer, tablet or smartphone—perfect for intermediate-advanced listening practice. From this very page you can get instant access to English-language radio and TV programmes wherever you are in the world, without a radio or TV.
In fact, you can google for “english radio” or “english tv” anytime to find online radio/TV stations to listen to. You will find hundreds if not thousands of links. On this page English Club recommends links for English learners to get you started.
Radio.net is not a radio station but a website through which you can listen direct to radio stations. Here are a few examples:
BBC (British Broadcastic Corporation) is the British state broadcaster presenting news and current affairs in English 24/7 in British English and various other accents.
VOA (Voice of America) offers news coverage spoken in simple American English with a core vocabulary of 1500 words.
- VOA Learning English
NPR is a network of radio stations across the USA with a talk-based format mostly in American English.
RT (formerly Russia Today) presents news events, discussion, interviews and analysis in English with a variety of accents.
PressTV is the English-language news service from IRIB (Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting) in various accents.
- Press TV
Watch (some with transcripts)
Al Jazeera English
Al Jazeera English (AJE) is an English-language news and current affairs TV channel based in Doha, Qatar. Various accents.
- Al Jazeera English
broadcast (verb): transmit a programme by radio or TV
buffering (verb): downloading audio/video in preparation for play
live (adjective): being broadcast right now; happening now
on-air (adjective): broadcasting now
streaming (adjective/verb): relating to audio/video being transmitted as a steady, continuous flow
subtitles (noun): words written on a video screen to show what the speaker is saying (subtitles, or subs, may be in the same language as the sound or translated into a different language).
transcript (noun): written version of what you hear on audio/video
Tin liên quan
- Cấu trúc bài thi IELTS quan trọng người mới bắt đầu cần biết
- GIÚP BẠN PHÂN BIỆT BÀI THI TOEFL VÀ IELTS (Phần 2)
- GIÚP BẠN PHÂN BIỆT BÀI THI TOEFL VÀ IELTS (Phần 1)
- Tự lập lộ trình học tốt Tiếng Anh cấp 3 (lớp 10 – 11- 12) từ đầu lớp 10
- Tiếng anh lớp 9 – Kế hoạch ôn thi Tiếng Anh vào lớp 10 hiệu quả!
- Tiếng Anh lớp 8 – Bật mí cách học tiếng Anh lớp 8 hiệu quả bạn nên biết!
- Sự khác nhau giữa TOEFL iBT và TOEFL ITP là gì?
- Tại sao môn Tiếng Anh học online lại hiểu quả hơn những môn học khác
- Lợi ích của khóa học tiếng Anh online
- Tiếng Anh lớp 6 – Chương trình Tiếng Anh cho học sinh lớp 6?